Living in Michigan means a lot of variable weather. That’s why many homeowners choose shingles over all other roofing materials when deciding to replace their roof. Asphalt shingles are built to last and can withstand the hot Michigan summers and the coldest of winters. In order for you to get the most out of your roof, it’s important to know the shingles with the best quality and durability. Read on to learn more about types of shingles and why this material is so popular when replacing your roof in Brighton, Michigan.
Choosing the Right Shingles
With many shingle brands on the market, it can difficult choosing the one that’s right for your home. As asphalt comes in different grades, not all shingles have the same quality and durability. Before choosing your new shingles, make sure to check what type of asphalt you are purchasing. The most common types of asphalt are 3-tab, fiberglass, and architectural. 3-tab asphalt is the most affordable but deteriorates the quickest, whereas fiberglass and architectural asphalt are more expensive and typically last longer.
Types of Asphalt Shingles for your Brighton Michigan Roof Replacement
If you’re looking to replace or repair your roof with asphalt shingles, it’s best practice to use the highest quality shingles on the marketplace. Herbert Roofing replaces and repairs Brighton Michigan roofs with the best shingles available, so you can feel confident in your roof and investment:
- GAF – You cannot go wrong with GAF shingles from GAF Materials Corporation. GAF is one of the largest North American manufacturers of residential and commercial roofing materials, and its fiberglass asphalt shingles make it a good choice for durability. If you’re looking for some of the most resistant shingles around, GAF’s Timberland ArmorShield shingles are a good option as well.
- CertainTeed – Another industry-leading manufacturer of shingles, CertainTeed is another popular roofing material seller. On top of its regular, high-quality shingles, CertainTeed also produces impact resistant shingles for even the worst storms Michigan doles out.
Asphalt Singles Over Everything Else
Due to its durability and cost-effectiveness, many homeowners pick asphalt shingles as their Brighton Michigan roofing material of choice. Paired with its wide range of styles and color options, Brighton homeowners typically prefer asphalt over other common roofing materials. When deciding to purchase asphalt shingles for your new roof replacement, you can expect:
- Flexibility – Asphalt remains flexible, even during cold Michigan winters, and withstands continuous freezes and thaws well in comparison to other roofing materials.
- Adhesion – You can count on asphalt to act has a natural adhesive, which holds all the shingles in perfect place.
- Lightweight – Unlike other roofing materials, asphalt shingles are lightweight, resulting in easier installation and less overall roofing management.
Looking to replace your existing Brighton Michigan roof with asphalt shingles? Contact our team at Herbert Roofing. We’re transparent about roofing costs and are happy to provide a free roof inspection and estimate for your home.