Knowing What to Expect in an Estimate
If you’ve thought about getting your roof repaired or replaced, you’ve probably done some initial shopping around. This can be an overwhelming experience, especially when you start getting estimates thrown your way. Knowing what to expect in your estimate can help you quickly identify your preferred Fenton Michigan roofing company, so you can spend less time looking – and more time doing.
To make your job easy, a roofing estimate should be specific and include a line-item list of costs associated with each repair. Typically, this should include both the cost of the material, as well as the labor it takes to install the material. This way, you can compare costs for the materials and labor for each activity.
Things You Should Look for in a Fenton Michigan Roofing Estimate
At Herbert Roofing, we like to be as transparent and upfront with our roofing costs. When comparing several estimates, make sure to look for the following things in the paperwork:
- Roofing Layers – Make sure your estimate indicates state how many layers will be removed from your old roof. Each layer costs to remove and removing additional roofing layers outside of the estimate will drive up the final roofing replacement price.
- Property Protection – Your estimate should include a line-item on property protection, what the roofing company will use, and what exactly will be covered. It’s important to make sure the items in your home and attic are covered in case of roofing failure.
- Installation Method – If your roofing estimate includes the numbers of nails that will be used and the associated costs, you can safely assume the hand nailing method will be used. If this is not the case, ask your roofing company or contractor about the air nailing method and if this is their preferred installation method.
- Roof System Components – The five main components of a roofing system include the underlayment, ice and water shield, starter shingles, shingles, and ridge capping. If your estimate is for a roofing replacement, all five of these roofing components should be line items in the documentation.
- Dump Fees & Clean Up – There tends to be a lot of roofing debris that results from the tear-down process. In addition to the materials and labor costs, check for dump and clean up fees. Otherwise, you will be charged an additional fee at the end of the roofing replacement to get rid of any leftover roofing materials on your property.
Check for a Description of the Roofing Warranty
Unfortunately, roofing materials do fail every once and a while. A comprehensive warranty will cover any roofing mishaps or failures, so you don’t have to pay out of pocket. This information should be included in the estimate given by a roofing company or contractor. Herbert Roofing is excited to offer expanded warranties, to provide you a better experience and roofing coverage.
Contact Herbert Roofing for a Free Fenton MI Roofing Estimate & Inspection
Herbert Roofing is your #1 partner for all roof repair and replacement needs, and our expert team will help you understand all costs line-by-line. With a free roofing inspection and estimate for all potential customers in the Fenton area, contact us today to get started on your roofing project.
All Our Work is Back by Our Warranty to Perform to Your Satisfaction!
At Herbert Roofing & Insulation, Inc., all our employees are thoroughly trained and/or certified roofing professionals.
"The most professional roofing crew you'll find. I wouldn't even think of hiring a different crew."
"Professional crew, stayed on task, cleaned up every speck."
"My roof looks great. I was not home when the work was done. However 3 of my neighbors have made it a point to comment on what a professional roofing crew. They said the men were like busy ants on the roof. All work and no play. Though you might want to compliment the crew. Again, congratulations and thank you for being such an outstanding member of our community. Good luck to you in your future endeavors. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of assistance to you."
"Thank you for the beautiful new roof! Our home looks great! Your crew was awesome! Professional, friendly and so hard working! Never saw such a well oiled machine! They were in-sync from the early morning until evening. So happy we chose to do business with your company"
"Our project house looks wonderful! This flip will definitely sell thanks to the wonderful new roof. Would definitely recommend Herbert to friends and family."